TEELTECH IN-SYSTEM PROGRAMMING (ISP)
What Students Will Learn in This 5 Day Training
- Students will gain a comprehensive understanding and the skills to perform ISP extractions from devices with eMMC and eMCP memory.
- Students learn how to determine if a cell phone supports the ISP process, locate the ISP connection points, then using a hardware / software combination of tools, connect to the phone and download its contents.
- Students are provided with three sets of phones to perform chip-off extractions to understand tracing & connection points.
- Students will remove chips from devices, locate ISP connection points using back tracing techniques, and then apply the ISP process to an identical phone to download the flash memory.
- Students learn finer precision soldering skills as they solder to the resistors and capacitors of the PCB. And practice, practice, practice!
***Pre-requisites: Students should have basic soldering skills and be comfortable working at the PCB level***
FREE! Students attending our ISP Training will receive a TeelTech Z3X Kit for use in class, and to take home.
Why do we need ISP?
ISP Enables examiners to bypass lock codes, and recover a complete data collection from phones not supported by JTAG or commercial tools.
- ISP Enables examiners to bypass lock codes, and recover a complete data collection from phones not supported by JTAG or commercial tools
- It’s a non-destructive practice that achieves the same results as a chip-off, while leaving the original evidence intact
- Acquires data much faster than JTAG, enabling examiners to process more phones faster
- Less resources and tools are required to perform an ISP download compared to Chip-Off
Laptop Minimum Requirements
We encourage students to bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, please contact us in order to find a solution. If you do plan on bringing your own laptop, please ensure the meet the following requirements.
Laptop Minimum Requirements
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class
- Cellebrite P.A. Dongle
- Encase, FTK, X-Ways Dongle
- Access to a HEX editor
- External USB 3.0 Storage Device
***Pre-requisites: Students should have basic soldering skills and be comfortable working at the PCB (printed circuit boards) level***
|Description||TeelTech In-System Programming (ISP)|
|Date||15.11.2021 – 19.11.2021|
|Price||CHF 3’950.00 excl. VAT|
Important Information! Classes are not confirmed until 30 days prior to course start. Please do not consider an acknowledgement letter or invoice as confirmation that a class will definitely run. Please feel free to contact us to before making travel arrangements, to confirm the class is going forward. A confirmation notice will be issued when a class is confirmed, or a cancellation notice if it will not be held.
Overview Mobile Forensics Training
|Essential Smart Phone Forensics||01.11.2021 – 05.11.2021||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|
|Chip-off 2.0 Forensics with Certification||08.11.2021 – 12.11.2021||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|
|In-System Programming (ISP) For Mobile Device Forensics||15.11.2021 – 19.11.2021||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|
|Advanced Flasher Box Bootloader for Mobile Forensics||29.11.2021 – 03.12.2021||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|
|Embedded Hardware Acquisition & Analysis Training 101||06.12.2021 – 10.12.2021||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|