TEELTECH BGA CHIP-OFF 2.0 FORENSICS
The new Teel Tech Chip-Off Forensics Class provides students with a comprehensive education into performing forensics on BGA memory chips used in today’s mobile devices.
Students graduating the class will gain core competencies in:
- Properly Removing a BGA Chip from a Device
- Handling and Preparing the Chip to be Read
- Reading the Chip to Acquire the Data
- Applying Tools and Techniques to Decode the Data
- Practicals on the Chip-off process of a locked unencrypted Blackberry and then utilizing forensic software to recover the logical and physical data dump
The five-day class provides students with the skills required to properly remove a BGA memory chip from a mobile device, prepare the memory for a read, and use chip-reading equipment to acquire the data. Students will spend 2.5 days understanding the structure of devices and best practices to prevent damage to a chip during removal and preparation. Understanding the difference between memory structures -from mobile device, to tablet, to SSD hard drive – and how chip-off can be utilized to acquire data from a growing number of devices – the class enables examiners to get a handle on the growing trend of BGA memory use.
In the chip-reading portion of the class, students will learn the fundamentals of memory structure and how to utilize the tools available to read the memory off the chip. Students will get a complete hands-on experience beginning with an intact BlackBerry device loaded with data, and ending with the raw data acquired from the removed and read chip. Once the data is acquired, an education on how to best apply today’s tools and other techniques to decode the data follows.
Students taking the Chip-off technique should possess advanced skills in data analysis and be comfortable working with raw data at the post-acquisition phase of the course.
FREE! Students attending our Chip-Off Training will receive:
- E-Mate Pro eMMC Tool
- Medusa Pro Box
Laptop Minimum Requirements
We encourage students to bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, please contact us in order to find a solution. If you do plan on bringing your own laptop, please ensure the meet the following requirements.
Laptop Minimum Requirements
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x using these instructions (turn off driver sig enforcement)
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x using these instructions
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have Admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class
- Cellebrite P.A. Dongle
- Encase, FTK, X-Ways Dongle
- Access to a HEX editor
- External USB 3.0 Storage Device
|Description||TeelTech BGA CHIP-off 2.0 Forensics|
|Date||09.11.2020 – 13.11.2020|
|Price||CHF 3’950.00 excl. VAT|
Important Information! Classes are not confirmed until 30 days prior to course start. Please do not consider an acknowledgement letter or invoice as confirmation that a class will definitely run. Please feel free to contact us to before making travel arrangements, to confirm the class is going forward. A confirmation notice will be issued when a class is confirmed, or a cancellation notice if it will not be held.
Overview Mobile Forensics Training
|Chip-Off Forensic Training||09.11.2020 – 13.11.2020||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|
|Embedded Hardware Forensic Training||16.11.2020 – 20.11.2020||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|
|SQLite Forensics 5-Day Complete||23.11.2020 – 27.11.2020||Zürich (Uster), Switzerland||Details|